The new owners and contact of the board

Thread: The new owners and contact of the board

Default The new owners and contact of the board

Today I have handed over the keys to our boards to a company that has a real passion for the motorsports industry. The company is called Motorcycle.com. and they run some of the best forums on the web now. I've been talking with Jerry Orban from Motorcycle.com for several years and the timing is right for me to move on and let somebody with the resources to run these sites take over. It's been too much for one guy for a long time and this is going to take a big load off of my shoulders. It's hard to believe but I've been doing this for 14 years now and I'm ready for a change.

As far as you're concerned there's nothing really going to change. You'll still be able to share information freely and continue to build lifelong relationships. I know most of my friends I have today are guys and gals I met on these boards. That's something you can't put a price on and I'm thankful to share the keyboard and the wind with many of you.

I see this as a good thing for not only the members here but for outside vendors to be able to support the site. As you know for years that was not an option and the doors will be opened wide now for vendors to buy advertizing space fromMotorcycle.com and to promote their goods and services on the boards. If you know a vendor that's been itching to support this site now's the time to tell them that the boards are open to outside support.

I'll still be checking in from time to time but the new admin for the board will be Dwayn [email protected] and he will be taking over the daily operations and can point you in the right direction for advertising opportunities. If you have problems with the site or it's members he'll be the one to contact, not me.

Looking forward to a bright future and renewed enthusiasm for the boards and it's members.

Lamont Bryden aka Lamonster

2. Remove Advertisements
    BigBikeRiders.com
    Advertisements

Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself to you all. My name is Dwayn and I am a Community Manager for Motorcycle.com and will be joining the site and assisting with the duties. I am here to help primarily with the technical end of things and help make the jobs of the current staff easier. I posted a real basic run down to answer common questions below. If you have more questions or concerns please feel free to post them or send me a message.

What are our intentions?

We bring reliability, support and the infrastructure needed to ensure that the community will be around for years to come. It’s our goal to work with your board staff to help provide the resources and required to give this community a broader reach, to attract new members to better the overall knowledge shared in the community.

Will leadership change?

Continuity is the focus here, You as the membership work very hard to keep building this community while staff keep the walls and the roof up in this place; We are primarily here to make sure the lights stay on. Every community is unique and should always be respected in that regard. You guys have established your own unique rules and regulations and a strong reputation that is carried by all of this and it’s paramount that we maintain this level of integrity.

What am I here for?

My primary role is to be the technical contact as I said earlier you all built the foundation and keep the roof from falling, I am here keeping the lights on inside. I will be on the forum checking in daily to make sure regular maintenance is all taken care of and keep things running smoothly from behind the scenes.

I do look forward to getting to know you all and this unique community better.
    Thanks,
    Dwayn

Lamont .... I'm sure we all can understand ... We wish you a great and new journey...
    Hope to see ya soon.... We missed not seeing you this year...I hope all is well with your family...

Dwayn.... Greetings... I know the board has slowed down for the summer...
    Hey we all have been busy...

I promise .. I will get this years RR's up....
    Life is what you make of it~If it don't fit make alterations.
    Everything is always okay in the end, if it's not, then
    it's not the end.

99 I/S Valkyrie CSC trike
    98 Halfbreed Valkyrie CSC trike

5. Remove Advertisements
    BigBikeRiders.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the warm welcome! I look forward to the site picking up some. We should also probably get a header installed on this site so when you land here it says big bike riders and not vBulletin.

Yes that would be a good idea
    Life is what you make of it~If it don't fit make alterations.
    Everything is always okay in the end, if it's not, then
    it's not the end.

99 I/S Valkyrie CSC trike
    98 Halfbreed Valkyrie CSC trike

Its on the to do list with our good people in creative. Should see something by the end of next week.

Default BBR Admin

Dwayne (sp), you are getting into some very big shoes. Also welcome aboard. We the members will keep you on your toes, trust me.

LaMont, hate to see ya go, but good luck in your new venture.

97 Tourer - 87 Cobra Trike - 44 Harley ServiCar
    Semper fi.

Looking forward to a bright future and renewed enthusiasm for the boards and it's members.

Lamont Bryden aka Lamonster[/QUOTE]

Well Lamont, I just stopped by to see how things are going, just in time I guess. We bought a house in the Lower Florida Keys, we have a guest room ready for ya anytime you want to putt down here. Renee sends her love, me too! my old email is still functional and my phone number is the same. I hope you will choose to keep in touch (my favorite metaphor)…vc (michael)

Best of Luck Dwayn I’ll keep an eye out for an e for ya! My program wants to stick one on the end of your name…LOL
    Last edited by Valkcabbie; 09-30-2013 at 03:13 PM.
    2009 Egret 189 with Yamaha 150 Vmax

Thanks for all your hard work and dedication. Welcome Dwayn.