A great ride to PIBITs and beyond into the great white north

Thread: A great ride to PIBITs and beyond into the great white north

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default A great ride to PIBITs and beyond into the great white north

Well, not more than a week from a visit from the Pibster and his great lady friend Cheri, my daughter Kristen and I took a road trip from Mooresville to Toronto, and beyond to Wasaga Beach Ont.... Yogi tried to get free to join the trip but last minute could not due to other obligations... bummer.. woulda been FUN!

We took a coupla days to get there (all secondary roads), with a detour to drop off a pistol in State College PA (Thanks ROCKET!!!) that I accidentally left with ...cant bring pistolas to Kanada..they frown on that...lol.... anyway arriving at PIBITs place to find a VERY nice place on the waterfront walking distance to local shops and restaurants.. we enjoyed quite a visit there, and yes, he one-upped our southern hospitality by providing an ELECTRIC TOOTHBRUSH in the B&B kit there...lol... Anyway, had a great time, great visit, and just hated to leave, but we had to keep pushing north to Wasaga beach where I had 2 other friends waiting to host our visit...

After playing 'tourist' and beach bum a coupla days, we headed back, JUST after that freak storm hit the eastern USA ( watched it on radar from Kanada and thought, better buy Kristen a new rain suit...lol)...made it as far as State College and couldnt go any further due to unavailability of hotel space any farther south for the nite... missed seeing Scott as he was assisting a catering venture about an hour out of town... started early 5am Sunday and headed south down the interstates ( we had to due to electricity and gas shortages) to beat the heat... into the freakish heat that the east coast was experiencing... ( all they way down from Kanada thru PA it never got out of the 80's)... around Blacksburg VA, we pulled over to let a passing storm by and ate lunch... after that ducked down VA100 thru Hillsville and FancyGap enjoying the post-rain coolness... then decended down into the NC valley and thru Mayberry (Mt Airy) and on home where it got to about 104 or so on arrival...

Kristen's first long road trip... experienced a true road trip too... heat, cold, dropped cell fone on the highway ( Ifones dont do well at 70mph hitting the highway), replaced rear tire, gun-drop detour, 11-12 hour days in the saddle ( rear seat)... I gotta say she did VERY well.. she told me she would like to do it again, this time heading west, maybe out to Kalifornia and back... will have to get her a new helmet and good riding boots... we got her a nice mesh jacket and rainsuit and gloves while in Kanada... Kristen is gonna be a good rider! she wants to learn to ride her own bike I think later on...

We covered 2069 miles on this trip.. average speed 52mph.. max speed was 529 mph ( gotta love it when GPS loses satellite...lol)... total moving time was 39:07 hours, total trip time was 50:30 hours...

all in all good trip! Valkyrie held up well, although stil need to install those front seals, and progressives that are sitting in the garage...

Thanks PIBIT for the hospitality, Yogi for the fone and txt support, Rocket for the pistol support.. and Sandy for letting her daughter get on the back seat with the crazy old fart driving...lol

Mosa
    "I believe what I said yesterday. I don't know what I said, but I know what I think, and, well, I assume it's what I said." -Donald Rumsfeld

Tell her if she survived a trip with you driving she can ride with anyone. Glad you got to go and make it home safely. When you head west there's a B & B here for stop over if you need it.

Blue Ice/2000 Valkyrie Interstate

Great ... But where are the Pic ???
    Life is what you make of it~If it don't fit make alterations.
    Everything is always okay in the end, if it's not, then
    it's not the end.

99 I/S Valkyrie CSC trike
    98 Halfbreed Valkyrie CSC trike

Great seeing you both up in my neck of the woods! And Kristin is a real trooper!
    PIBIT

You can only go halfway into the darkest forest, then you are coming out the other side. (unless you have been walking in circles).

Default Hey, just missed you by about a month

no, not in Canada, but Hillsville Va. Iris and I camped in Hillsville for about two weeks. Explored a lot of new territory and parts of the BRP that we had never ridden before. Had a great time, met Highbinder and Lady Draco for lunch one day. That road between Fancy Gap and Mt. Airy has a few twists in it for sure. Glad you had a good trip. We might head back up that way in August.
    99 Valkyrie Interstate Green n' Silver
    05 Triumph Rocket Black

Yes you must mean these photos... Terry...

It was a pleasure getting to see you and Iris..
    I like this shot of Iris....

We will have to do that again, but a little longer... It was way to short....

Life is what you make of it~If it don't fit make alterations.
    Everything is always okay in the end, if it's not, then
    it's not the end.

99 I/S Valkyrie CSC trike
    98 Halfbreed Valkyrie CSC trike