\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n

\r\n Cool Right side hot left side cold\r\n

\r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n I am a new valkyrie owner. Just learning about potential problems. Had trouble starting, found that the choke leaver did not really move the linkage on the carbs. Hope to repair the problem this week end. But i discovered that the right side exhaust is much hotter than the left. What do i do about this?\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n -' + '->\r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n Reply With Quote Reply With Quote \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n -' + '->\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n'; pd[35059] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #2\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n Jack G\r\n \r\n
    \r\n Jack G is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n Senior Member\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n Jack G\'s Avatar\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n

\r\n Default \r\n

\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n That choke lever has to really be pushed firmly and beyond the point where you would think it should to actually work. I broke mine my first winter.
    \nAs for the heat imbalance, how long did it run before you noticed it? Mine gets a bit hotter on the right side but balances out after it has run a while. Never worried too much about it and haven\'t had any further problems in 10 yrs.\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n

\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n Reply With Quote Reply With Quote \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[35060] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #3\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n Lamarr Scott\r\n \r\n
    \r\n Lamarr Scott is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n Junior Member\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n

\r\n Default Hot and Cold Exhaust.\r\n

\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n Quote Originally Posted by Jack G\r\n View Post\r\n
    \r\n
    That choke lever has to really be pushed firmly and beyond the point where you would think it should to actually work. I broke mine my first winter.
    \nAs for the heat imbalance, how long did it run before you noticed it? Mine gets a bit hotter on the right side but balances out after it has run a while. Never worried too much about it and haven\'t had any further problems in 10 yrs.
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    In an effort to quiet the exhaust I put Steel Wool in the tail pipe. After 180 miles the right side had melted the wool and pushed it past the hard ware cloth and turned the tail pipe blue. The left side was completly in tact. I will take the time to measure the temprature each side and post it later.\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; // next/previous post info pn[35057] = "35060,35059"; pn[0] = ",35057"; pn[35059] = "35057,35060"; pn[35060] = "35059,35057"; // cached usernames pu[0] = guestphrase; pu[3184] = "Lamarr Scott"; pu[8] = "Jack G"; // -->

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Cool Right side hot left side cold

I am a new valkyrie owner. Just learning about potential problems. Had trouble starting, found that the choke leaver did not really move the linkage on the carbs. Hope to repair the problem this week end. But i discovered that the right side exhaust is much hotter than the left. What do i do about this?