My News - Why I can't go to Maggie Valley

Thread: My News - Why I can't go to Maggie Valley

Default My News - Why I can't go to Maggie Valley

I have decided to RETIRE.

After 32 years and 9 months, I've decided it is time to hand the control over to someone else. I was going to retire at the end of 2010, but things worked out much better for me, and I decided to leave this year. I've been told, "you'll know when", and you will know "when you have enough, and when you HAVE enough". Well, I have enough and I've had enough. This past year has been pretty tough - way too many hours, way too much work, three contract negotiations (all successful), and way too much inexperience around me (I guess that's because I've gotten to the age of "old"!). It was a tough decision because I really have fun at what I do. Now I've decided the open road is calling me (yes, I'll see some of you on the road - so keep a bed open for me), I need to spend more time with my grand-daughter Maloree, and my soon-to-be "new" grandson Nicholas (to be born in early September), and my grandson Tucker, along with perfecting my hobbies - photography, golf, riding the Valk.

My last day will be Tuesday, September 29th. So, I have just over 2 months to down load all the history that is in my brain to the newbies...they tell me they wish they could hook up a USB to my ear and get all the history downloaded to something they can read and call-up on their computer.....they really tire of my stories and explaining what we did in 1971, 1984, etc., etc. Well, they will have to live the history....there's no finer way to do it that live it. With just over 2 months, I cancelled my planned trip to Maggie and have a lot of transition to get done. Besides, saved some vacation to sell back and need to take a few days when my grandson is born in September.

My wife is concerned (anxious) that I'll get under her feet. Hmmph! Doubt that!!!! Several rides come to mind, places to see, photos to take, and just living the life......I've wondered what it is like to wake up and not really know what day it is.....but, as Michael P. tells me....every day is Saturday.....or, when asked if I can do something, I'll just say, "Oh,yes....I'm off that day"....

Wish me luck.....yes, I deserve it...looking forward to it....can't wait to get the valk going again......
    Laborman
    website - www.jackeaux.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    BigBikeRiders.com
    Advertisements

Reckon enough is enough, wish ya luck on the transition. Will miss ya at Maggie......

5. Remove Advertisements
    BigBikeRiders.com
    Advertisements

Congrats Jack. Been 7 years for me. I love it. Always find things to do. Will miss you at Maggie. Roy

Default Outstanding!!!!!!!

Jack that is great news..Enjoy the retirement. We will see you on the road...

Speedie
    Ok, I hate the rain, It sucks, I want to ride in the Sun Shine.

Default Great News

Congratulations, I know you're now counting the hours. When on the road there's always a bed for ya in Indiana. See you on the road soon.

Blue Ice/2000 Valkyrie Interstate

Congrats!!!! Yes nothing like waking up and looking at each other and saying~ What is today ??? Monday No.... Maybe it's Tuesday ..

In your travels you have a place to stay in VA....
    I bet you can't wait for Sept.. To be here... Oh don't worry time moves fast!!! It will be here before ya know it !!!!

Tracy & Don
    Life is what you make of it~If it don't fit make alterations.
    Everything is always okay in the end, if it's not, then
    it's not the end.

99 I/S Valkyrie CSC trike
    98 Halfbreed Valkyrie CSC trike

CONGRATULATIONS!!
    PIBIT

You can only go halfway into the darkest forest, then you are coming out the other side. (unless you have been walking in circles).

You're going to love it.....

PS: what day is it?????
    Prayers on the way fromTJ

Jack, that is great. Come on up. I'll show you Arkansas roads and I have a spare bed for you.

Ya'll will eventually getting tired of asking what day is it, you will wake up, go pee, go back to bed and start working on your daily naps.

Congratulations on the retirement.

It has been 13 years & 9 days for me, June 30, 1996, and then all 7734 broke loose. More surgeries than I care to remember and or talk about.

97 Tourer - 87 Cobra Trike - 44 Harley ServiCar
    Semper fi.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    You're going to love it.....

PS: what day is it?????
    The heck if I know..... I don't think it's Saturday yet...
    Life is what you make of it~If it don't fit make alterations.
    Everything is always okay in the end, if it's not, then
    it's not the end.

99 I/S Valkyrie CSC trike
    98 Halfbreed Valkyrie CSC trike

Congrats Jack! I assume we'll be seeing you sometime this fall....I'll keep a room open for ya!
    Vicki
    2000 ZRX11001998 Valkyrie

Way to go Jack, I am excited for you...
    I am half way there myself, I have HAD enough, but just dont HAVE enough yet.. LOL
    Ride like there is no tomorrow and see all you want to see and do all you want to do because you never know when the ride is over.

When you pss through the upper cumberlands in TN, I have a place for you to rest, park the bike and fill your belly. Anytime.

Jeff

Default Congratulations Jack

I hope to make about 3-4 more unless I get to the HAD enough part. !!!
    Stop in if you and the missus get to Fl. The RV has full hookups out where it lives under the cover.
    Hey our contract is up in a month, ever thought about doing a little CONSULTING?
    99 Valkyrie Interstate Green n' Silver
    05 Triumph Rocket Black

nice!
    "I believe what I said yesterday. I don't know what I said, but I know what I think, and, well, I assume it's what I said." -Donald Rumsfeld

What no more Mobil Oil hats not more shirts... dang no more haggling why the price of oil is so high.

Jack, I wish I was in your boots, ready or able to throw the towel in but have another 6 years to go... that will make 25 at the same job.

When you wake up on your Saturday's and decide to head up north. Our door is always open to a special friend.

Congratulations buddy.

Jack & Anita