Default I think I am fed up with Honda

I sent this to American Honda today:

September 7, 2007

Motorcycle Division,
    American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
    P.O. Box 2200
    Torrance, CA 90509-2200

Dear Sir or Madam

I have watched with interest, the news coming from the 2008 Dealerís meeting.

I have been riding Honda motorcycles since 1964 when I was in high school and purchased a Honda S-90. Those purchases continued through the years and included a 305cc Super Hawk, several CB 750s, a 1975 Gold Wing followed by regular Gold Wing purchases as every new modal came out until 1999 when the Honda Valkyrie Interstate was introduced. I bought one immediately and when an unfortunate accident with a deer occurred in 2004, I promptly bought a second, used Valkyrie, because by that time, Joe Boyd had passed and production of the Valkyrie, named Cruiser of the Decade by Motorcycle Cruiser magazine, had already ended.

I have had a long history of riding Honda and have purchased 19 new and 7 used Hondas over the years. I currently own a 2000 Valkyrie Interstate and my son owns a 2005 VTX 1800N. But I have to tell you, that long history is coming to an end.

Although I am now 60 years old, I still many years of riding pleasure in front of me. I am fortunate because I can afford to enjoy riding and owning just about any motorcycle that I might desire. I am unfortunate because the manufacturer of choice, Honda, which used to be an innovative company, no longer provides any products other than those imitative of other companies.

I will soon purchase a new motorcycle. It wonít be a Honda because you have decided not to provide anything other than that what imitates other companies.
    I donít believe I am old enough for a Gold Wing, I have heard of the problems with the ST 1300 at speeds over 100 mph so instead I will be buying either a Yamaha FJR or a the new Kawasaki Concours.

Good luck in your future endeavors, I think you will need it. I suspect your sales have already started to drop off.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BigBikeRiders.com
    Advertisements

a 1975 Gold Wing followed by regular Gold Wing purchases as every new modal came out until 1999

I donít believe I am old enough for a Gold Wing,
    Gettin younger every day? :P

Default Nah, I bought Wings

until the Valkyrie came out.

The old Wings didn't have half the plastic crap the new one does.

and reverse? on a bike?

5. Remove Advertisements
    BigBikeRiders.com
    Advertisements

Default Nah, I bought Wings

until the Valkyrie came out.

The old Wings didn't have half the plastic crap the new one does.

and reverse? on a bike?

Default Honda ST1300

Budman,

I've had my 2005 ST1300 at over 145mph. A friend overtook me on his 2006 ST1300. Another friend with a 2003 ST1300 has also seen large triple digit speeds on his.

No handling problems to be reported.

Default Hey!

Here'sd what I found on the ST 1300 Police Bike. There have been several Police deaths in Britain.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/6657709.stm

and this from MCN:

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/commu ... -id=304957

Default ST1300

The subject has been beaten to death on http://www.st-owners.com

NO reports of ANY such situations in this country.

I hope you read this paragarph in one of the links you posted?

"The inquest in April heard that the problem, known as high speed weave, only affects the police version of the motorcycles as they are fitted with extra kit which affects the centre of gravity."

So NO problem with civilian bikes.

Default Re: Hey!

Quote Originally Posted by BudMan3154
    Here'sd what I found on the ST 1300 Police Bike. There have been several Police deaths in Britain.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/6657709.stm

and this from MCN:

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/commu ... -id=304957
    Budman,
    Don't believe everything you read. Ride one!!!
    I have an 05 ST1300A, and if you adjust the suspension and check the tire pressure, it is rock solid at well over a 100mph.
    Not going to say how far over a 100 but lets put it this way, I was 270 lbs at the time 6'4" and I was comfortable with the bike.
    Anyone that has experienced any kind of instability with an ST it has been self inflicted, or bad suspension set up.
    When riding position or suspension set up was corrected all issues with stability are gone!!
    Ride one and you will buy one!
    Jon

ok....but one has to aggree with the argument that Honda hasn't come up with anything new since the Rune. And while i own two Runes, I think we'll all agree the Rune wasn't designed for the majority of motorcycle enthusiasts in mind.

So, what the orignial post said, is TRUE in my mind. Honda hasn't really come out with any new CRUSIERS.....for the MASSES ....since......since the ORIGINAL VTX. and they haven't come out with any new cruisers...for the masses...with something 'innovative'...ie....a Valk like or multicylinder bike....since the Valk in 97.

i think that was the point of this thread originally? IF SO....I fully aggree. I'm thankful i STILL have my 97 Valk Tourer...and still love it. And I'm thankful i did want and get a Rune (and another for my wife).

And IN SOME WAYS, i'm thankful Honda has it's head stuck in the sand, not making anything new worth buying in the Cruiser arena....as it has saved me $$$ over the last several years i can use to put my daughter thru Vet school at college. Had Honda had a clue and made something worthwhile (like the 2000+cc Valk all these guys keep yakking about how they had an inside source who told them about it....only to be full of it!!!)....I would have HAD to buy it.

So thankyou Honda, for being boring, and NOT innovative, and having no creative inkling the last several years. My pocket book, my wife, my marriage and my daughther thank you for your failure from the bottom of their collective hearts

STATES I'VE RIDDEN VIA MOTORCYCLE

for me nothing but Honda, have a 05 goldwing and a 03 valk they are dependable and has anyone though that Honda does not want to throw out there something that is not proven out .some people on other post are having trouble every day .yes I would like to see something from Honda but I don't want to be there test driver

Default Re: I think I am fed up with Honda

At least someone said something to Honda.

Quote Originally Posted by Schiernbeck
    At least someone said something to Honda.
    Big thing here is, DID HONDA LISTEN?

Doubt it very much.......

I have 241,000 on my 97 and I have decided to go for 300,000 + before they have to pry my COLD DEAD fingers off of the handlebars.

97 Tourer - 87 Cobra Trike - 44 Harley ServiCar
    Semper fi.

It gives me something to look forward to each year. Hopefully they come up with something new this year but lately I have been disappointed.