A Return from the Ashes

Thread: A Return from the Ashes

Default A Return from the Ashes

Well I can get on the boards again. I have moved to Thompsonville, IL, (population 400) and the place is so remote that there is no internet service. The good news, my neighbors, the cows, love me. First time they did that I looked close to be sure it wasn't Jeff K. They come to the fence and moo every time I work in the yard. When I get home I will be looking into a provider that just fired up right before I left home.

I am on my way to Orlando, FL area wih the 3ABN television crew. I think we are headed to Winter Springs, FL if that is near Orlando. I just get in the van and go. We are there a week, then off to Detroit area, then back to Florida after 4 weeks in sunny Michigan. Talk about extremes. BUt I have a job, and more importantly, I love his job.

Almost forgot. I have a real girlfriend. Knew her 40 years ago when she was a cheerleader and I was running up and down the football fileld, shooting basketballs, hitting baseballs . . . when I should have been riding. She is a great Christian lady, and very strong in her faith. However, She must be a little warped because she likes me.
    Highlander
    There can be only one.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BigBikeRiders.com
    Advertisements

Good to hear that you are doing well. It is a great thing to like one's job.
    Crazyhorse

5. Remove Advertisements
    BigBikeRiders.com
    Advertisements

Default Warped

We're all a little warped. :P

Glad to hear things are going better. There's a Valk engine on Ebay now if you want to go that route.

Blue Ice/2000 Valkyrie Interstate

Great to have you back on the boards Bill.. Sounds like you have an interesting job. That makes a big difference.
    Well, back to practicing with the sidecar rig. A whole new learning experience. I'll get the hang of it.

wayne

Default Re: A Return from the Ashes

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander
    Well I can get on the boards again. I have moved to Thompsonville, IL, (population 400) and the place is so remote that there is no internet service. The good news, my neighbors, the cows, love me. First time they did that I looked close to be sure it wasn't Jeff K. They come to the fence and moo every time I work in the yard. When I get home I will be looking into a provider that just fired up right before I left home.

I am on my way to Orlando, FL area wih the 3ABN television crew. I think we are headed to Winter Springs, FL if that is near Orlando. I just get in the van and go. We are there a week, then off to Detroit area, then back to Florida after 4 weeks in sunny Michigan. Talk about extremes. But I have a job, and more importantly, I love his job.

Almost forgot. I have a real girlfriend. Knew her 40 years ago when she was a cheerleader and I was running up and down the football field, shooting basketballs, hitting baseballs . . . when I should have been riding. She is a great Christian lady, and very strong in her faith. However, She must be a little warped because she likes me.

Man, you is a hurtin. Ya step out of 1 fryin pan right into another one.

PS: I was told after I finally got my heads on the MGM that they were off of a 98 Gold wing........ Ya might want to check that out with JeffK.

It is very possible cause I lost a ton of horsepower in the swap......

I'd investigate into having them plained, as that is what I'm going to do the next time the heads are pulled....... Also, I know I had to get Gold Wing head gaskets so they just might work.....

97 Tourer - 87 Cobra Trike - 44 Harley ServiCar
    Semper fi.

Hey Bill.........

"Aint it just like the night; to play tricks when you're trying to be so quiet"
    Ride with great verve.

Moo!
    What is wrong with your head(s)
    :P

When they removed the carbs to make sure they did not have deposits from sitting for two years, three intake bolts broke due to corrosion. After they could not find a machine shop to handle the job, I picked up the heads and drove all over, since I was getting desperate now. I took the perfect heads to a machine shop, asked if he could do the job. A tap was broken off in the head when the mechanic tried to remove the bolt I guess. So the guy at the machine shop said no problem when I showed him the heads. Took the guy 4 weeks to drill about a 1/2 inch x 1.1 inch deep hole in the head to remove all of the tap. Then he sent the heads to a welder to have them fill the hole. The welder proceeded to scar and burn the intake with a welding tip. So one side has a big ole hole that they want to put a plug in, and the other head has the damaged intake. I told the guy if he did not know what he was doing, why didn't he refuse the job like the other machine shops. Anyway, everyone says it now would be cheaper to buy new heads than to pay them to fix them. Then somebody gets ill on the truck crew and I am sent away for two months. I have waited since april for the bike to be reassembled. Had it at the paint shop, somebody had stolen sll of my tools. I think somebody is telling me to quit riding.
    Highlander
    There can be only one.

They ain't a tellin ya to quit ridin, they is just a rattlin ur chain to see how much crap you will take before ya fight back.......

Be cool man, there is a reason for all this chit. Well that was what my grandma would of said is she were still alive, and she was a wise old gal......... She made grandpa a rich man in his lifetime...... Of course my mom and her sister blew it all in their lifetime........ LOL.......

Them 2 girls could really spend the $$$$$ in their younger years.......

97 Tourer - 87 Cobra Trike - 44 Harley ServiCar
    Semper fi.

Hey RJ. My new lady won't hear of me giving up, and she doesn't ride. . . .yet. I will find new heads and a way tobuy them. Afraid to get Gold Wing Heads though.
    Highlander
    There can be only one.

Highlander, It's good to see you back on the board!
    Vicki
    2000 ZRX11001998 Valkyrie

Congratulation on the new move and the job.... that's great... and the new found old friend.... I am sure it will make you calm down a little.

Smilin' Jack

Hey Bill, Give me a call. I'm in Mich. now for a few more days.
    863-840-0797 or 231-779-0138
    Prayers on the way fromTJ

I too live out in cow country. I have a slow phone modem but the trade-off is there are not many people around and that's a plus. So I will live with the
    lousy phone modem.