NOS on a Valk II...Calling LaMonster, Dragbars, Hawk

Thread: NOS on a Valk II...Calling LaMonster, Dragbars, Hawk

Default NOS on a Valk II...Calling LaMonster, Dragbars, Hawk

It's come to my attention that you guys are running NOS. I just bought a used setup off a '98 Valk, to install on The Ratbike (what's left of a y2k Tourer). I just gotta get a pair of 20 oz bottles to replace the 5 pounder, which is 4-sale, BTW. Sooo, how much fun is it? What kinda HP gains on the dyno? Any 'need-to-knows', pitfalls, dangers? Anything you big dogs would care to share with me would be greatly appreciated, as would bein' able to pick yer brains during the process if I hit any walls (figuratively speaking!). Thanx guys!

2. Remove Advertisements
    BigBikeRiders.com
    Advertisements

First thing you need is a fuel pressure switch so that if you don't have enough fuel pressure the nitrous valve won't open (safety thing).

You can get away with a 30 hp squirt no problem, any more than that you may have problems.

Good idea to retard the timing 3 degrees or more.

Feels like you got rearended when you hit the button. Have fun

Default Kool, thanx Lamont. So should I yank the 6* trigger wheel..

..and go back to stock? Would that be sufficient? If I retard 3*, won't it run like poop, or at least not as well when I'm not on the spray? Or is that just the sacrifice one hasta make? Prolly dumb questions, I know, ...tryin' ta learn here. Thanx bro!

5. Remove Advertisements
    BigBikeRiders.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Kool, thanx Lamont. So should I yank the 6* trigger whe

Quote Originally Posted by TrickRick
    ..and go back to stock? Would that be sufficient? If I retard 3*, won't it run like poop, or at least not as well when I'm not on the spray? Or is that just the sacrifice one hasta make? Prolly dumb questions, I know, ...tryin' ta learn here. Thanx bro!
    If you run a Dyna 3000 you can put a switch so when you arm the system it will retard the timing, then when you are not running the nitrous it will go back to whatever advance curve you have it set at.

Default Hmmmm...I just talked to the former owner. He said it had

the stock wheel which he replaced with a 6* when he removed the NOS. In a perfect world where I had Jay Leno's money, I'd run right out and get me a Dyna 3000. Alas, I am but a poor working stiff. Ya reckon I'll be alright with the stock trigger wheel? Also, how the hell do I get a pic posted so it'll appear with my posts?! I been trying; just somewhat compu-technologically challenged. TIA bro!