Hey Valker

Thread: Hey Valker

Default Hey Valker

What did you ever find out about that bike you were having trouble with? I never did hear and I am still curious as to what it was?

2. Remove Advertisements
    BigBikeRiders.com
    Advertisements

Default Mechanic still hasn't opened it up....

Mechanic still hasn't opened it up....He is still swamped and is a bit apprehensive of opening up a Valk. He has been a Honda mechanic for over 10 years and has never had to work on a Valk motor before.
    I WILL post an update when my friend gets the scoop.

Well give him my number if he wants help, it is (304)665-7770 at the shop, and I would give you my cell, but my old one got washed, and the new one is on the way.

5. Remove Advertisements
    BigBikeRiders.com
    Advertisements

Default Just talked...

Hawk, I just talked with the fella-you were spot on! He said the rivets in the clutch had sheared and plugged the oil return you mentioned. He was tickled pink (well, OK, slightly off pink
    Thanks for the great help!!!!

He just called and told me, glad I could help. He called me a while back and we went through the shop manual and I told him what to look for and where. I was glad to hear that was the problem, because that is an easy fix and cheaper than a rebuild Hey didn't he say you were going to have your motor rebuilt sometime soon? Get a quote from the shop then call me, maybe I can make it worth your trip to West Virginia.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk
    Hey didn't he say you were going to have your motor rebuilt sometime soon? Get a quote from the shop then call me, maybe I can make it worth your trip to West Virginia.
    No rebuild coming here. I am going to replace the U=joint, swingarm bearings, steering stem bearings, brake pads and lines, radiator hose and fluid, small rear wheel bearing, rewire a bunch of stuff, hook up some HIGH power driving spots (gonna reach out and touch someone), replace either the brushes in the alternator or figure a way to mount the CompuFire alternator, remove all the Honda and Valkyrie badging, replace anything else I find that is worn out at 90K, give it a general tune up, etc. It still uses no oil at all between 6000 mile changes.

Oh maybe he was talking about someone else, or maybe I misunderstood him, now that you said that I think one of his statements about whoever it was they were going to have a "complete going over" so I might have misunderstood, he kept cutting in and out some (cell phone I guess)? Oh well I am just glad he will have his bike fixed and running soon so he doesn't have to take his snowmobile