XM Roady 2 in the RAIN?

Thread: XM Roady 2 in the RAIN?

Default XM Roady 2 in the RAIN?

I am getting ready to mount my XM Roady 2 on my Valk Standard and I'm looking for some input.

For those that have them, how have you protected your XM Roady 2 and other electronic gadgets in the rain? I've seen the specially made clear plastic-vinyl cover at Hoon Hardware. And I've heard of the plastic baggie and rubber band technique. Any others that might work better? Is there any way to actually waterproof the unit? Also, if it does get wet, is it trashed? Or will it work again when it dries out?

Also, I'm planning on using the Roady Holder from Hoon Hardware to mount it on my Valk. Any other suggestions for alternative mounting methods before I spend $32+ on what is essentially a bent plate with holes?

Thanks!
    Bob E.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BigBikeRiders.com
    Advertisements

Default Ram Mount

Blue Ice/2000 Valkyrie Interstate

Default Re: Ram Mount

Quote Originally Posted by Cattman
    Yeah, that one does look good. Someone on VRCC recommended that one too. Total price would be about $80+shipping so it is a little pricey. But definitely nice! I think I would go with the larger AquaBox2 just so I know it will fit and if I should ever get a different receiver.

5. Remove Advertisements
    BigBikeRiders.com
    Advertisements

$80.00 heck if it does get wet and doesn't work throw it out and buy another. They can still be found for $40.00. I'll stick with my sandwich bag!

2011 Triumph R3 Roadster

Quote Originally Posted by Yogi
    $80.00 heck if it does get wet and doesn't work throw it out and buy another. They can still be found for $40.00. I'll stick with my sandwich bag!

You're right! In fact, that is the first thing I thought. For $80, I could buy 5 of them. My wife only paid $15 at Staples for mine the day after Thanksgiving!

On the other hand, I still need to mount it somehow. I prefer not to just go the velcro route. And the Roady Holder alone is nearly $35 so it's not that much more, plus it will look decent. Another nice feature that I liked is the ability to put a small padlock on the box for at least some security. So I am thinking about getting it anyways.

I have a Roady 2 on my I/S
    I used a cell Phone mount, the kind that will stick on your dash to hang a cell phone on.
    I stuch the "reciever" on the bar clamp and stuck the "knob" on the back of the roady.
    Be sure to test your placement so you can still see your idot lights.
    I also mounted a large washer in the duct insde the fairing. That is where I put the antenna.