Maggie Valley May 21-22 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Maggie Valley May 21-22

Default Let me know

After you check it out today. I was going to call today to make a reservation for Princess and I, but will wait until I hear back from you in case there is any change.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BigBikeRiders.com
    Advertisements

I'm waiting to hear back from you guys too, before I make my reservations. So let us know what you all deside.

We didn't make it yesterday because of the snow. I guess we will see if we can make it today. We'll keep you posted.

5. Remove Advertisements
    BigBikeRiders.com
    Advertisements

you mean to tell me a redneck with a truck was afraid of a little SNOW?? ( big ol grin)

Mosa
    "I believe what I said yesterday. I don't know what I said, but I know what I think, and, well, I assume it's what I said." -Donald Rumsfeld

I ain't skeerd, Patriot was skeerd, or at least that's what I saying.

Really hoping the dates work out. Normally Sue and I go to Washington DC for Rolling Thunder with 3 other couples. Last year we left them in Clarksburg W. Vir. and headed to Asheville for the first Big Bike Riders meet. Had such a good time that we told the othe couples that we should plan a week in the Ashville area. That started the ball rolling and now we are thinking of renting a house down there for a week. We were looking at Maggie Valley before this ride came up. Might have a place in Asheville. Any way I plan on visiting some you any time we go. Snow! If it ain't a blizzard, put some weight in the back of that pick- up and go. Rescueroy

SNOW!, you let a Little SNOW stop you from going, OH NO you guys must be getting old.... ......?????????? no old ain't it, RJ would try anything. Hmmmmm so what is the word ??????????????
    When life throws a curve, LEAN HARD, grind the peg, and THROTTLE UP!!!!!

Default It's a go!!!!

LAmont, RayO, and I took the trip to Maggie Valley today and everythings a go! Hotel looks a little shaggy on the outside, but, the rooms look pretty good! A lot better than what you get for 100.00 at Daytona. Looks like the BBR name is in their computer now and we are locked in for rooms. She locked us in for 59.99 a night, but looks like if you want to put 4 into a room, the price will be 69.99 a night. The non-smoking are the first two floors and the rest are mixed.
    Great parking with a parking lot that runs around hotel. No matter which room you get, you can still park your bike where you can see it. They have a gameroom with video games, foosball, and pooltable. Pet friendly, so TJ can bring the boys.
    The Wheels through time museum is 2 miles up the road on the same side as hotel. I still need to know how many want to visit the museum and what day they want to go, so I can set up a time for us. Call and get your rooms and don't forget to tell them the BBR group rate. See ya there!!!
    Patriot

For you GPS guys and gals:

N 35*31.339
    W083*01.784
    Elevation 2763 ft.

Looks like this is going to be a great place to ride and hangout. Lots of cool stuff to do around there.

Hotel: Quality Inn
    70 Soco Rd., U.S. 19
    828-926-0201
    Restaurant on site.
    Pet Friendly ($5.00).
    Reg. Price 99.00
    59.00 Group Rate
    Tell them your with the Big Bike Riders for group discount! Check in: 4:00pm Check Out: 11:00am

One more thing they forgot to add, there is plenty of good eating around there too!! We ate today at one of them, the town has a lot of tourist type stuff and restaurants around, should make for a great weekend with little traffic other than us! Also, if anyone prefers a campgound over the motel, there are a few of those really close by. Looking forward to seeing alot of you there.

Pic from last year in Asheville. Good friends, good times and good riding. This one is going to be great

Default Maggie Vallye

If anyone is riding up from south of Atlanta and needs a place to stay enroute............. we have beds to spare.

email me at [email protected]

I'm riding up and my wife Terri will be driving.

Default Maggie Valley - non riding SO's

If like myself your secretary of war would like to go let her know that other SO's will be going. Some in a non riding/passenger capacity.

Just bringing it back to top for reference...

Default Connie & I will be at Maggie Valley

Connie and I will be there. Just made and confirmed our Reservations.
    Ride Safe and Sober

Default one by one

Nobody left in the group I was ridin down with . I'm lookin to hook up someone. I'm very flexable, got most of that week off Oh yea I'm in SE. Pa,

Default Re: one by one

Quote Originally Posted by SteveR
    Nobody left in the group I was ridin down with . I'm lookin to hook up someone. I'm very flexable, got most of that week off Oh yea I'm in SE. Pa,
    Hey Steve,
    You're more than welcome to ride down with Yogi and I. We can talk about it next weekend at the PA Reunion!!!

Scott
    Link to my BBQ Pit Build Pictures
    Only Bikers understand why dogs hang their heads out the car window

Default Cool

Sounds good So far it's lookin good for the ride in. Be there Sat. morning, but I'll have to leave for home right after the ride Darn job. I'm trying to get BLT to come along also

Default Question about "schedule of events"...

Is there a particular time when we are going to try to all be in the same place to meet up? If I can go I'll be coming from Ohio so I'll probably ride down on Thursday so I can be there on Friday for the festivities.

Inquiring minds want to know!

Thanks...

DougS

Checking the calendar, hoping to make it.. can't wait to see you guys and gals again.. Spud and Sparky

Default Subject

Anybody from the North Country going? I live in RI. It'll probably be a 9 or 10 + hour ride down there. I don't mind riding alone, but company would make it better. If anyone from up here is planning on going, let me know. Thanks, Jim
    Every day above ground is a good day. Some are just better than others.
    Stand by, to stand by
    "Helmets are for sissys" - James Magee Jr. 1928-1957 - killed in a motorcycle accident - tore off the top of his head.
    Wear your helmet - Toughguy !!!
    Later, J M 111

Jim, I am planning on heading down. I am on the west side of West Virginia, just north of Parkersburg WV, it is about 6+ hours from here. You are more than welcome to swing by here, spend the night and we can head out the next day, or I can meet you somewhere along the route. Anyone else who needs a place to stay on their way down is more than welcome at Polecat Hollar. Let me know what your schedule plan is. You can let me know on here or my email is [email protected]
    When life throws a curve, LEAN HARD, grind the peg, and THROTTLE UP!!!!!

Ya'll be careful this weekend!! I'll be going the other way. My sweetie and I are flying to Cancun Mexico for our wedding and honeymoon. We're planning on making Lamont's BarBQue. Hope to see ya'll there. I'll post some pics when we get back.
    Wolfman (Doug)

2000 ZZ4 Boss Hoss

You boys and girls have fun. I'm sitting here waiting on parts from HDL. You know ordering from Hal is like waiting on the twelve days of Christmas: you know you're gonna be happy when you get what you want, you just aint gonna get it in one delivery!!

the wife and I will be there in the valley Friday Afternoon, see you there