Today is the big day for my son Lance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Today is the big day for my son Lance

Default Today is the big day for my son Lance

I raised my son the best I knew how and today I'm handing him over to the United States Marine Corp to put the finishing touches on him. I am a very proud father and I can't say that my son Lance has giving much trouble at all. I raised him to love God and country and to be willing to fight and die for what is right. I know that in this day and age that there is a possibility I will never see him on this earth again after he gets his orders but I know that our time on earth is short and I will be with him once again if the Lord decides to take him home during his time of service to his country.

Those of you that pray, please pray for the young men and women that are willing to risk it all to keep this country free. I thank God for all that have gone before him and all that will come after him. May God continue to bless America.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BigBikeRiders.com
    Advertisements

Douglasville, Georgia.....JUST West of HOTLANTA

Some of it's "Tragic" and Some of it's "Magic" But I had a "Good LIFE" all the "WAY." .... "JB"

GOD BLESS LANCE

and proud fathers who have raised their sons right
    When life throws a curve, LEAN HARD, grind the peg, and THROTTLE UP!!!!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    BigBikeRiders.com
    Advertisements

Best of everything to Lance in his new endeavor.
    I will keep him and his family in my prayers.

Thoughts and Prayers for Lance and Family

Semper Fi

All Ride Safe
    sarge

1999 Yeller Valkyrie

Default Can't say much over your note.....

...AMEN!

Good luck to Lance and keeping you, your wife and sons in my thoughts and prayers. There ain't nothing like a proud father who turns his son over to the Marines. I did it and know just how you feel. Great note Lamont......your pride is evident............
    Laborman
    website - www.jackeaux.com

Default Good luck Lance

Like Laborman said, your pride shows in your post. I wish him well. This experience will make a man of him and the values that you and his mom have instilled in him will show through and be something for him to call on when needed.
    99 Valkyrie Interstate Green n' Silver
    05 Triumph Rocket Black

Absolutely, you can count on that Lamont.
    Hang in there Lance...

I also pray that all the young men and women going into or a part of the Armed Forces now will be kept safe and sound.....Their sacrifice is very much appreciated by me and hopefully everyone else out there. May God look over them and bring them back home safely to their loved ones....they know better than anyone that Freedom is not free.....God Bless him and protect him.....

Good Luck Lance. ..vc&p
    2009 Egret 189 with Yamaha 150 Vmax

Default Pride

Lamont;

Had a hard time responding to this, but PRIDE says it best. With all the STUFF going on in the world it's amazing well nurtured youngsters still stand up to the call.

Says it all for his family as well.

Lance, to you, your Parents and siblings THANK YOU!

God Speed Lance, keep your powder dry!

HAWK88
    Jack Phillips
    ALL DUMBS AIN'T BLONDE!!!!!
    97 ZZ4 Boss Hoss Clutch with 03 forks, swingarm, and wheels; 2002 ZZR1200RR Kaw; 1999 CBR1100XX Blackbird

Ride with great verve.

AWESUM LANCE! WAYTAGO!! Another division of the Navy increase in strength!

LeMont, I have felt that same tug in my heart that you are feeling, and gotta say, when you get your first letter from Bootcamp, it will be tuggin yer heart again...

Best wishes Lance and godspeed!

My boy is DIGGIN bootcamp BTW, says its the best thing hes ever done in his life.... I'm headed to Chicago 17-Aug for graduation weekend...

good luck again Lance!

Mosa
    "I believe what I said yesterday. I don't know what I said, but I know what I think, and, well, I assume it's what I said." -Donald Rumsfeld

Outstanding Lance, way to go

I pray for the troops every day
    57 ariel, 64 HD sportster, 57 & 71 Triumph, 75 Norton, 48 Indian, 97 Valkyrie, & a few bits and pieces

Lamont, I know just how you feel. Yet there are so many emotions tied up for you and your family about your son that they are hard to separate and explain. My son was wounded in Iraq and almost bought it 4 different times. Someone is watching over our sons and daughters. All my prayers are with Lance and all of you. I had a lot of practice and I got good at it as he was in the worst of the fighting for 7 Months. I was doing his laundry tonight and had a lump in my throat as he and every uniform and cammie I folded had gone through so much. God Bless your son and all our fighting forces. Semper Fi.
    Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind
    of battle.

Thanks Lance. The thoughts and prayers of your extended family-- the BBR--will always be with you, so you will never be alone. Thanks Lamonster, great post. Great family you have there Bro. In fact you are one lucky man -- you have two great families if you include the BBR.
    Highlander
    There can be only one.

Lance, Lamont and Family
    All out prayers are with you and I am very proud to know you and of the decision you have made.
    Having a son that is turning 18 (in two weeks) that has expressed a lot of interest in joining the Marines, I can tell you from a fathers stand point.. it makes you both proud and sick at your stomach at the same time. I think mine has decided to finish college first and then make the big choice after that.
    I am proud of each and everyone of the your men and women that are serving and protecting our great country.

Lance, you have a great role model and I know you will make us all proud as you already have.

Jeff aka TnIceman

Lamont

I know you guys must be VERY proud parents right now ... you'll even be prouder (if that's a word) when your sitting in the crowd watching his graduation! CONGRATULATIONS to the entire family Sure is tough watching them grow up huh
    If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.

www.v-man.org

Default Lance

May the Lord keep him safe. Thank him for being there to protect my family.
    Mike

Thank you Lance, and all the other like him out there protecting our freedoms. God bless each and every one of you, and you families!

I'm proud to know you and your family. Lamont, Chris and boys, keep him in your thoughts and prayers He will gain strength from your's.

Thank you Lance for your commitment to this country and it's freedoms. In this MTV age, there are not enough young men and women like you. You will find a new brotherhood with the Marines.

2011 Triumph R3 Roadster

I know the mixed emotions you're feeling. My daughter joined just over 11 years ago and I was so proud of her then, and even more so now. May God Bless and keep your son safe from harm and allow him to grow.
    Black '04 1300C , Mustang wide studded seats & backrest, Cobra Slashcut Slipons, Kury Grips, Leatherlyke Saddlebags, Memphis Fats Windshield, Hondaline light bar, Mustang tank bib, clear turn signals, clear tail light

Ride Safe, Trust Him
    John 14:6

LaMont, I will add your son to my morning prayers and pray that his journey will be filled with courage, strength and safety, God Bless you all, Whiz
    God is a Verb!

Default Prayers sent

Lamont, I know Lance will be watched over as will you and his family.

Blue Ice/2000 Valkyrie Interstate

What a tremendous honor it is for me to wish Lance God Speed in his service to our country.

And to his Parents, and brothers, my indebtedness for your courage and sacrifice.
    '03 GL1800A / '95 Bushtec Turbo 2+
    former:
    '03 VTX1800C - gave her up for the Rune
    '04 VLX600CD - down payment for the Wing!
    '04 NRX1800 - gave her up in a divorce

I know exactly how you feel. When my son went off to Basic Training I had the same feeling. When he got his orders for the sandbox my heart sunk. The day he came back all in one piece my heart rejoiced and I thanked the Good Lord for watching over him. He's now stationed in Hawaii at Scholfield Barracks and using some of those benefits he's earned. I'll add Lance to the list of all the other sons and daughters that I pray for every night.
    Jay B.
    1981 Suzuki GS 850/1998 Valk Tourer/2004 Yamaha V Star Silvarado

Default Just wondering how Lance was doing.. and wishing him well.

It's tough as a parent going thru 12 weeks with very little communication. I'm guessing that Lance is at Paris Island?
    I don't recall if you said you could make the graduation or not, but try to do whatever is in your power to Get Er Done. You'll be very glad you did

It was the proudest moment in my life watching my son graduate from Marine Corps Boot Camp.
    I'll never forget the sight of all those platoons marching out in unison. If I remember right, there were about 400 Marines on that parade deck at one time. When they made a turn, all you heard was one big heal click.
    I turned to my 3 daughters and said, "You three girls had 12 yrs of ballet, tap, jazz, and acrobatics, and I never saw your groups being THAT together in unison. They've only had 12 WEEKS?"
    And one of my daughters turned to me and said, "But WE never had a Drill Sargeant."

Seeing you brought this message to the top I thought I would post a couple of things my son wrote. I just got his first letter Saturday and I can't read it without crying.

I'll post just a few things from the letter.

Mom you'll be happy to know I can shower and shave in under 45 seconds now.
    It use to take him 45 min.

Before I came alot of people said you will either break as a Christian or grow stronger. I haven't had any time to read my Bible but I pray ALL the time. I am becoming a stronger man but more importantly a stronger Born Again Christian.
    This really blesses my heart.

The food here is good and Mom you are gonna love it when I come home but you're gonna hate it come chow time.
    This is to his brothers. This really shows the change that he has gone through in this short amount of time.
    Nathan and Alex I think I owe you guys a sincere apology for being such a jerk all those times. I would give anything to reverse all that crap.
    Thanks again for your prayers and support.

Default Lamont

As our kids grow older, they mature and remind us that all the time we spent raising them does provide great results. Lance sounds like a great young man and I know how proud you and your wife are of him.

Blue Ice/2000 Valkyrie Interstate

Default Lance

Lamont, lance, and family;

I'm proud of you Lance, you don't know me, but I met your Father @ Daytona, and being cut from the same tree, I feel I know you!

You are doing a wonderful thing for all of us, Thank You!

As I recall, my parents got a LOT smarter while I was in Army Basic, and my first tour in Nam!

God Speed and keep your powder dry.

HAWK88
    Jack Phillips
    ALL DUMBS AIN'T BLONDE!!!!!
    97 ZZ4 Boss Hoss Clutch with 03 forks, swingarm, and wheels; 2002 ZZR1200RR Kaw; 1999 CBR1100XX Blackbird