Finally making transition & TGIF

Thread: Finally making transition & TGIF

Default Finally making transition & TGIF

Sold Home in Ft Lauderdale with a closing on the 26th of August. I haven't been riding much due to work and moving/packing. This past weekend rode the Valk towing the bike trailer behind her to her new City. (Living in a rented home until ours is completed, we will close on the new home sometime in Mid September if no more delays) It felt great to get on the road again with the wind in my face. Left here around 4:30 PM and arrived JAX about 11:15 PM with a quick stop at a Wing place in Daytona just off Hwy 92 (racetrack exit) for some Chilli and wings. I don't know why they call it a wing place, it was more like a pumped up Hooters.

I have rented a Uhaul 24' truck and bodies to load the truck on the 22nd and unloading it on the 24th of August. The only problem is 3 weeks later I will be moving again from the rental to the new home. I need a week long break and a much needed ride into the mountains.

Here she is in front of her soon to be 3300 sq ft resting place. Notice the difference between the phtoto's, no beach or blue water. Guess I need to change my handle.

Oh, but I did purchase a new riding lawn mower, no not a HD oops excuse me I meant JD, but a sears 18.5hp 42" cut with 6 speed tranny. Wonder if that tranny would work in the Valk? But she does wheelies real well, just need to modify the exhasut pipe (like one pipe/filter) and add a small super charger. Has me thinking about a getting an ATV.

And you know you are getting desperate for a ride when your cutting the rental property grass in 6th gear, throttle wide open and going around the corners on 2 wheels. All this with neigbors looking on and you have a big old smile on your face. It is kinda sick. Not to mention that in the corners the grass is scalped down the the dirt from the two wheel action.

Oh what fun were having now. NOT!

Great Day for a Ride
    1999 Black Valk Tourer

2. Remove Advertisements
    BigBikeRiders.com
    Advertisements

Nice place Bro.

Nice looking home. We can call you "cul-de-sac" now.

5. Remove Advertisements
    BigBikeRiders.com
    Advertisements

Default "cul-de-sac bum"

'

Thanks Lamont, it is a 3 bed, 3 bath with a media room (converted the 4th Bedrm into a media rm. that is 12.5 by 17.8') that will have my bar and projection system with a 113" screen and 5.1 Dolby Digital sound system. Hope to have it up and running by Turkey day for HDTV football.

Michael P, cul-de-sac! LOL good one` my only concernwould be that everyone would shorten it to Sac.

Shftr, "cul-de-sac BUM" LOL LOL. Another good one, but trying it out on the SO, she said drop the cul-de-sac. HA! Sure is a lot of pressure on a marriage during a sell and move, that is for sure.
    Got to go for a ride soon.

I will be in Tamaqua, probably over labor day or there abouts, looks like we are going to close on the 26th of August on our house in Fort Lauderdale and will not close on the new house until mid Sept or later. If SO comes with me, we will be in a cage. But if that is the case then Harley Dude is going to show up over a 4 day weekend, either over the labor day weekend or most likely the weekend after. I will keep you posted, sure would be good to pick up a few of those Shoo-fly pies that Wing Mama can whip up.
    Great Day for a Ride
    1999 Black Valk Tourer