iWay 500 MP3 Player Review!

Thread: iWay 500 MP3 Player Review!

Default iWay 500 MP3 Player Review!

Click on picture to read all about it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BigBikeRiders.com
    Advertisements

This thing is so cool. I have never had a MP3 player but I can see where this thing might take over my XM radio. I downloaded a bunch of Bluegrass MP3's and RIPed one Bluegrass CD and have loaded the whole New Testament and part of the Old Testament and I still have 9.5 gigs left! Transfering files to the iWay is a simple drag and drop operation just like you would any file transfer. Your computer will see the iWay as another hard drive through your USB.

I bought a $5.00 set of Maxell ear clip headphones at Staples and they sound great! I'm going to go by 3 more sets just in case. One for the bike, one for the truck and one for the office, yes I'm using it in my office too.

The sound quality on this is excellent and there is controls for just about everything you can think of. You can set the volume for both the MP3 player and the Voice Instructions so that they are separate. When your listening to the MP3 and a voice command comes in it will cut the music out long enough to hear the instructions. You can also put the MP3 controls on the map page by going to your "Skins" and selecting "Audio on Map". They have really thought of everything on this MP3 player.

This is how I have it mounted on the Boss.

Default IWay

Lamont;

Looks great and sounds like a very useful product,

I especially like the "anti-bifocal" mounting location. Good planning, and well executed!

Ride Safe!
    HAWK88
    Jack Phillips
    ALL DUMBS AIN'T BLONDE!!!!!
    97 ZZ4 Boss Hoss Clutch with 03 forks, swingarm, and wheels; 2002 ZZR1200RR Kaw; 1999 CBR1100XX Blackbird

5. Remove Advertisements
    BigBikeRiders.com
    Advertisements

Did you get your mounted yet? Have you had a chance to use it?

That does sound like some great features. If it works as well out on the road as the Garmin, I believe you have found a great product there! That is a tuff act to follow, I love my Garmin 2610, but then I like lots of features!!! Be sure and let us know how well it does on the trip this weekend!

Default SPIII

Lamont;

No, it's not mounted yet on the Boss. The distaff announced a few days ago we're going on a CAGE road trip for a couple weeks. She juggled mutual med appointments to make it happen.

I have "training" used it in the van, and will use it extensively on the trip in my truck. I'm very pleased with it Thank you. As usual, you took great care of me.

I really like where you mounted your IWay. If I have any orientation problems with the mount you sent me with the windshield interfering, I'm going that way as well. As I mentioned in the other thread, it might help me not have to wear "corrections" there.

The mount you sent is gorgeous though, I hope it clears the windvest. I loaned the windvest to Milo to "test" to see if he likes it before he invests.

Thanks again!
    Ride Safe!
    HAWK88
    Jack Phillips
    ALL DUMBS AIN'T BLONDE!!!!!
    97 ZZ4 Boss Hoss Clutch with 03 forks, swingarm, and wheels; 2002 ZZR1200RR Kaw; 1999 CBR1100XX Blackbird

Default New GPS

Hey! Lamont! You need to give some of these new IWay GPS units away as a promotion! With your money you won't even notice the cost! HA!

Put me first on the list, it's the only way I will ever get one. Maybe it will help me locate my Valkyrie! I know it's somewhere in the basement but I haven't seen it in so long I'm not sure where to start looking.

Maybe I should get a Boss Hoss! As big as they are it would be easier to find than my Valk.
    Experience is what you get when you Don't get what you want.

Default neat toy

I like how you mounted it.
    A friend that I work with bought a GPS with a 20 gig drive and a 5 inch display.... after he bought it he finds the company has a newer one out it has an 8 inch screen. He wants to sell me the one he just bought for $500
    I told him I might but he would have to preload it with some heavy metal tunes.

Default Re: neat toy

As far as I know that unit is not out yet.
    http://www.lowrance.com/Automotive/Prod ... AY700C.asp
    http://www.lowrance.com/Automotive/Prod ... AY800C.asp
    and to be honest I wouldn't want a unit any bigger than this one. If you don't buy the 500 let me know, I can find a buyer for it today for 500 bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Stude
    I like how you mounted it.
    A friend that I work with bought a GPS with a 20 gig drive and a 5 inch display.... after he bought it he finds the company has a newer one out it has an 8 inch screen. He wants to sell me the one he just bought for $500
    I told him I might but he would have to preload it with some heavy metal tunes.

Default GPS

He has the same unit as you 10gig for music 10gig for GPS he said he is going to keep it and put it in his MotorHome

Default Glad the iWay is working out great, Lamont...have you

happened to try the "in your ear" type earbuds? The advantage to them is they can be used with helmets without getting in the way. Koss makes a decent set that Target carries, among others. Some people even just use the tubes from these and stick them thru the cheap throwaway foam earplugs you can get. It does a good job of noise canceling and also cuts down on wind noise. Just a thought.

Here's a link to get an idea of what they are.

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/60 ... v_XSG10001

A fantastic effort has been made to make a motorcycle specific "Skin" or theme for the Lowrance iWay 500C.

The link is here

http://stwiki.notonthe.net/twiki/bin...MotorcycleSkin

What this does is re-arrange and reconfigure the options layout and sizes of the controls. It is a major improvement for use with gloved hands and I like it for use in general actually.

The ability to skin these units is something that pushed me to buy one, it's really nice to be able to customize things down to this level. Even nicer that someone else already put forth such a solid effort as it takes a lot of time to think through.

Quote Originally Posted by HotFix
    A fantastic effort has been made to make a motorcycle specific "Skin" or theme for the Lowrance iWay 500C.

The link is here

http://stwiki.notonthe.net/twiki/bin...MotorcycleSkin

What this does is re-arrange and reconfigure the options layout and sizes of the controls. It is a major improvement for use with gloved hands and I like it for use in general actually.

The ability to skin these units is something that pushed me to buy one, it's really nice to be able to customize things down to this level. Even nicer that someone else already put forth such a solid effort as it takes a lot of time to think through.
    I would be interested in seeing and possibly using the skin but the above link is "dead" Is there another link available? Thanks ...
    If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.

www.v-man.org

GLIDE-ON>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Default Re: Iway Skin

Quote Originally Posted by Valkrocket
    Thanks Ron, that link works!
    If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.

www.v-man.org

Thanks for fixing the link Ron. It changed that day.

Looks like the last update to this skin was Feb 12th. No more appear to be coming. Has anyone tried it?

i don't like it.
    Read this free e-book http://www.gomore.ws/SEO_MadeEasy.pdf
    Not Only Will You Make Money, But More Importantly You'll Build Credibility And Will Be Providing Your Customers And Friends With Very Powerful Search Engine Optimization Strategies!