Americade

Thread: Americade

Default Americade

Anyone been or going to the "Americade" at Lake George, Ny. this June. We are planning on going and any suggestions on what to do, see, where to go, or where to stay would be appreciated. So far, we will be riding up from Louisiana.

Fuzzy
    '99 Black Valkyrie Interstate and a '81 Black SilverWing Interstate.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BigBikeRiders.com
    Advertisements

Fuzzy, we've been for the past 2 years and it is great! We stayed in Boltons Landing at Melody Manor about 8 miles north of town. Any hotel is kinda pricey compaired to what I'm use to. You need to get reservations quick, because the best ones close to town fill up.

One of the best rides we did was Hwy. 9 to Ticonderoga, (see the fort), get on the ferry and cross over through Vermont, to hwy 7, then through Hero Island on Hwy. 2. Awesome!

If you like, the vendors area is the best one of any ralley I've been to.

Go to Martha's Dairy bar across from Six Flags for the BEST deserts. A nice place to meet and rest after a long day.

Hi I havn't been on this board in 1 1/2 years and just recently signed back up. I see some of the same names around as when I left. So Let me say Hi to those I do and don't know.
    Myself and some friends are planning to go this year. We plan on arriving on a Wed. and leaving on that Sat.
    Have not booked reservations as of yet but plan on staying about 20 miles out. We have been talking about doing a ride over to Lake Placid, Some friends of ours have done this ride and said that it was fantastic. I am looking into renting one of the cabins at one of the local camp grounds. I would like to say that maybe we can find some other Valkers but I hear that it is not to hard, Valks are everywhere you look.

Welcome Big Rick

Thanks for the Welcome. I see you guys have come a ways since the switch of the new board. I hung around when the old style board was up and running and only poping in every once in a while. NICE JOB [b]I like the format.

Went last year and stayed at the Travel lodge just as you get in to town. they have a nice breakfast bar in the morning and the hotel overlooks Lake George. The lot is level and you park outside your room. ( if there is a down side the rooms are about a 2 star but they are clean... just not real fancy. about like a Hotel 6...

Smilin' Jack

I'M going 1st timer I'LL be there on tuesday, wednesday, and maybe thursday heading home thursday or friday not sure. anybody from wisconsin going?