Poll for Valkyrie Riders

View Poll Results: How would you describe your Valkyrie relationship?

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • Best bike I have ever owned and I would never sell it.

65 56.52%
  • Love the bike but I'm ready for a new Valkyrie and then I would sell my old Valk.

24 20.87%
  • I love the bike but I'm ready for a change.

6 5.22%
  • It's a great bike but I have or will be moving on to something else.

19 16.52%
  • Never did like my Valkyrie very much

1 0.87%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poll for Valkyrie Riders

Default Poll for Valkyrie Riders

Through the years I have seen all kinds of Valkyrie people. For some it was love at first site and they have never been happier on any other motorcycle. For others they love the bike but spend most of their time trying to make it better. Others love the bike but are ready for change but only if it's another new and improved Valkyrie. For some it's just another motorcycle and they are really not attached to it one way or the other.
    I would like to see where the Valkyrie folks on this board stand. If you own a Valkyrie now or have in the past please take the time to vote in this poll and leave any comments you might have in this thread.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BigBikeRiders.com
    Advertisements

You know what I want and it's ALL YOUR FAULT!!!!!

Scott
    Link to my BBQ Pit Build Pictures
    Only Bikers understand why dogs hang their heads out the car window

Well - if you would have asked me this two years ago my answer would have been different. Spent a lot of money and A LOT of time trying to make the Valk into the bike I wanted ... times change I guess.
    If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.

www.v-man.org

5. Remove Advertisements
    BigBikeRiders.com
    Advertisements

I love My Valk. I would really like to put a Blower on it someday, or better yet, get a Hoss. Right now I think the only way I would sell the Valk. is to get a Hoss.
    2000 Valk. Tourer.
    1997 Valk. Tourer, Blown, Thanks Mosa!!!

Al Bundy for Pres.

I really like both of my Valkyries and fully understand why they were "Cruiser of the Decade" but that was the last decade and I felt like the Valkyrie and me were ready for a change. It didn't, so I did. I am sure if it were the best bike ever made I would have had to change anyway, I like change.

Default Well, I know you know my answer already, Lamont,

But it is that I love the Valkyrie and do not plan on changing at all. It does everything I need a motorcycle to do. I like all motorcycles, but if I can have only one, it s the Valkyrie. "Til death us do part. I cannot grasp why, it is just me. I love both of my Valkyries, but I have to part with one due to financial considerations. Like I have always said: The only thing (IMHO) better than a Valkyrie is two Valkyries.
    Highlander
    There can be only one.

Had VTwins, have Magna (for sale), have 1800VTX-R and an 2000 I/S.
    As good as the VTX is, it's not up to par of my Valk and the type of riding I like to do.
    My wife wants me to get a Goldwing (she doesn't ride by the way), but I'm not interested at this point in time.
    The Valk is the best bike I've had up to this point and I have no plans of changing bikes anytime soon.

Douglasville, Georgia.....JUST West of HOTLANTA

BEST SCOOTER I've EVER Owned..........BUT the FACT is the Times they are a Changing......and Looks like Honda is at a Stand Still....Scooters are like any other thing you drive or operate. Some will get Newer, Bigger, Faster, Better, Smoother, etc........SO you either stay content where your at, or you move on to other things, BUT ONLY if the others, deliver you the same or better Results and Better ENJOYMENT..................

Some of it's "Tragic" and Some of it's "Magic" But I had a "Good LIFE" all the "WAY." .... "JB"

Hands down she is the best I've owned . . . and I won't sell her . . . until she is just worn slap out.

I know for a fact I can't ride her forever. I run too many miles, to too many places . . . and I run hard.

Before I bought the Valk, I always bought used, then did a "riding restoration" and then rode it till there was simply no sense in repairing it anymore.

The Valk does stand up to me, like I said, the best over-all bike I've ever owned . . . she simply does EVERYTHING well.

There will be another machine in my future . . . I just don't know what it is yet.

---------------------------------
    CUAgain,
    Daniel Meyer
    Author. Adventurer. Electrician.

The Valkyrie is the type of bike I always wanted as a progressed through the years and different types of bikes. I don't think I would ever sell "The Phat Lady" as we are too attached to each other. An additional bike is a possibility but it will always be second best.

Hands Down it is the best bike that Honda has ever made. I would never sell it. I will ride it till it quits and can't be fixed.

Speedie
    Ok, I hate the rain, It sucks, I want to ride in the Sun Shine.

I have had my Valk for almost 5 1/2 yrs and get just as excited riding it today as I did the first month. If a new 2400cc Valkyrie came out, I would still keep the one I have. I'm not saying I would never buy another bike. Some day I would like to have one that is lighter and faster, maybe, like JW and Vickie have in their garage.

I'll keep her. And get some other bikes also to give her a break. The Rocket III demo ride at Bike week was awesome, I'll wait to see how it holds up over the next couple of years. Just wish I could have taken the Rocket on some twisties to check the real handling. But overall it is a very impressive machine. (Almost went over the handle bars the damn breaks are that good and then alsmost fell off the seat with the acceleration. )

I am going to keep the beast, just wish I had kept some of my other bikes that I had. It is nice to have a collection of the best you ever owned.

Plus my grandson might want to have a vintage MC one day!
    Great Day for a Ride
    1999 Black Valk Tourer

The only thing better than owning a Valkyrie is owning two!

If Honda comes out with a new valk I might be persuaded to give it a try. But I can say for sure, I'll never own another v-twin.
    Jack in Bama
    1999 CF
    2000 CT
    2000 CF
    2003 CD

Default A new valkyrie..

would be nice, but it is probably not happening anytime soon. Anyone who has ridden the valk for any length of time knows that when you consider the entire package of handling, comfort, & power and looks.. its hard to find a better overall bike. Its not a clone of anything out there and thats a very cool thing. I won't keep mine forever, but for now nothing else out there has me thinking about trading.
    I did buy a 2nd bike (ZRX) that really helps cover all the bases for me.
    Bobby
    1995 Honda Magna

I will probably hold onto the Valkyrie, I have 6 other bikes currently and plan on getting a few more. The one that I find myself riding the most is the Valkyrie, it just meets all of my needs as the best all around scoot that I have ridden in my 47 years of riding. I am manufacturing a blown chopped version of it just for ****s and grins but it certainly won't replace my daily rider
    57 ariel, 64 HD sportster, 57 & 71 Triumph, 75 Norton, 48 Indian, 97 Valkyrie, & a few bits and pieces

There isn't ANYTHING on my bike that can't be repaired or replaced. So wear and tear isn't even an issue now.
    I've got enough spare parts to keep me running till my body gives out.

Really, there is not one bike I would trade mine for. NONE! Im really pickey. My bike isn't pretty but I wouldn't trade it.

I love my Green and Silver I/S and will not part with it for any other bike out there....not even for a BH......the only thing I would consider trading it in for is another, updated Valkyrie I/S with a displacement in the mid 2000+ range with FI....I love all the storage cap of the I/S and the CB, and radio, and overall look.....I've always had to have the biggest of everything up until now(guns especially), but I really can't see where I need anything any faster than this bike with all the goodies and storage it has on it.....I love the sound when she's revved up and roaring down the road....I just can't get enough of this bike.....I can't wipe the smile off my face when I'm riding my Big Green Dragon.......

Well I firmly believe...er what was the question? Oh yeah I'll sell my Innerstate when Poland becomes the 52 State in the Union Till then I'll same my pennies for a Boss to ride on these boring Florida straightaway Drag racing roads and save the Valk for the twisties and High speed long distance riding...vc
    2009 Egret 189 with Yamaha 150 Vmax

I'm kinda in between #1 and #2. I LOVE my Valk and think it's the best bike on the road. But if Honda came out with another (bigger) Valk, I might be tempted to trade. I would love to have a Boss Hoss to "show off" , but I'd keep the Valk for the long milage rides. That's gonna happen as soon as I win Powerball!

Never anyone behind me, unless someone's in front of me!

Default Well...

I love my Valk, don't get me wrong. It's a Green & Cream tourer manufactured in October of 1996...VIN #20! She has served me well for damn near 100,000 miles now.

Since I paid cash for her right from the very beginning I don't think I could ever sell her now but I'm definitely ready for a change. Those of you who know me and have ridden with me know that I ride the Valk hard. However I crave a more modern, up to date machine. Increased electrical, better lean angle, fuel injection, BETTER MILEAGE. Strapping on the auxiliary tank just so I can head to Lamont's for a burger is great but it takes up space and sure is an eyesore.

I thank my lucky stars that the last bike I own is a Valkyrie!
    I've had many bikes over the years including Gold Wings and the Valk does everything that I want to do and does it well. At my age I don't need or want a more specialized bike whether for power, handling, or comfort. Reliability is top notch and my '97 Phat Lady still garners the looks! I need nothing more.
    Sure, it's heavy as most big bikes are and it's becoming a little more of a handful for me as my legs aren't what they were 50 years ago. I wish that it had reverse as my Gold Wing did but I wouldn't trade it on another Gold Wing. Gold Wings aren't my style.
    It's interesting that two of my sons are also riding '97 Valks. I wish Honda would bring the Valk back for them. Not for me, I'm too old for change.

Well I voted for the first selection, although I wouldn't say it is the best "bike" I've ever owned. However, it is the best "Cruiser" I've ever owned. Since moving to the E. side of TN, my riding habits have changed a bit (not a lot mind you), but I have learned to really enjoy the local roads on a lighter weight bike, on which I don't have to scrape pegs going around every curve to attain enough speed for the adrenelin rush to kick in. I still have days I enjoy riding the Valkyrie here, and my sport bike riding friends have nick named me Sparky due to the times I've ridden the Valk with them.

As far as a touring bike goes, the Valk is a great machine, and I will keep it for that purpose. If they would come out with a new Valk someday, I may be interested in gettng one. It would have to be a looker though, because I still love the looks of the chrome engine and the design of the Valkyrie.

BTW good posting LeeMont!
    Vicki
    2000 ZRX11001998 Valkyrie

I just went throught this turmoil last year. I bought my Black Tourer in 2000. Rode her for 60,000 and thought I needed a change. I looked at wings, the rocket, nothing else has the overall looks and handling of the valk. So I ended up getting a 2000 Interstate. I like it alot.

Do I wish Honda would get their heads out of their rears and update the Cruiser of the Decade? Absolutely, but it better not remotely look like Rune. That ain't a Valkyrie.

Oh, and I STILL want a Boss. ( no replacement for Displacement )

2011 Triumph R3 Roadster

I agree with most of the sentiments expressed above. The Valkyrie is the best bike I have ever owned or ridden. However it is only my 3rd street bike and there are only a couple other street bikes I have ridded, one of which is my dad's 1995 Goldwing, which I also like alot. So I guess that isn't saying alot.

Would I sell my Valk for something else? You better believe it, if there were something out there that I liked better. Right now, there isn't. Not that it matters much given my current financial situation. However, if money were not an issue, I really like the new Goldwings...except for the frame issue...and the ribbing I would get from my buddies about riding an "old man's bike". But that doesn't matter much as you can barely hear them when you blow by their Harley's.

The things I like about the Goldwing are the creature comforts that my Standard Valk lacks...like the storage, stereo, cruise, reverse, weather protection...most of which I would have if I had bought an Interstate except for cruise and reverse. The cruise is easily added and I can live without reverse. So if I had an IS, I may not like my dad's 'Wing as much. I have slowly started adding those items to my STD Valk in order to make it into the bike that fits me best. I have added a windscreen and leather bags, and now have headphones in my helmet hooked to my portable CD player for tunes. I would really like to add the Audiovox electrical cruise control, hardbags, and some Rumble Road type speakers as the headphones in my helmet give me a headache after a while.

So I guess my exact answer would be a combination of a few of the selections in the poll. It is the best bike I have ever owned and I do love it, but it is not perfect. So I would sell it for something different/better if it existed and if I had the $$. Therefore I chose the 4th selection.

Default Love at First Ride

This is the one. It was love at first ride. I can't see ever having a differnt bike. I don't feel worthy! But I'm elated that we are together.
    Michael
    2000 Valkyrie Interstate

Default Rocket Fever

I love my Valk. I never thought that I would sell it. But now it is just so boring to ride it. It is still very comfortable, but I just don't get the excitement anymore.

I am hoping to give the Valk to my 22 year old son as soon as he has a good place to keep it, and as soon as I think I can trust him on it. That way it would still be in the family.

I just ordered some Beetle Bags for my Rocket and am continuing to try and make it as comfortable a ride as the Valk. Comfort or not, these days, if I have the time to ride then I'll be on the Rocket.

bought red in march of 1997 (red/white std) have had several harleys along the way. but in no way will red be sold. i have 2 others (valkyries)that does not have the attachment that red does. in my opinion the valkyrie is the best bike including price, value. and rideability and relieability that has ever been mass produced. however they are more bikes nearly as good. would not give a second thought to made a 2000 mile trip on red. just my opinion.

All you have to do is pull up where there is a lot of V-twins setting. Everyone will come over and look at the Valk. I don't want to be a V-twin lookalike!!!!!!! They just all look the same!!!! Not our Valks!!!!!!!! I might look at a new Valk, but would not get rid of the Bumblebee!! I would love to have a 1800 Wing to replace the 1500 I sold a while back.
    Bumblebee in middle Tn.

luv my valk. rides good, handles well for a big bike, ample enough power, wouldnt' trade it in unless they make another valk. with overdrive and a tank like the interstate that holds one more gallon of fuel. When I ride with other people I have to stop for gas more often then them. Or would consider a goldwing. But still keep the valk.
    Robert (Bobby) Whann Jr.

2002 black valk. (HORZOP6)
    If you can't be good, be good at it!!!