Poll for Valkyrie Riders - Page 2

View Poll Results: How would you describe your Valkyrie relationship?

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • Best bike I have ever owned and I would never sell it.

65 56.52%
  • Love the bike but I'm ready for a new Valkyrie and then I would sell my old Valk.

24 20.87%
  • I love the bike but I'm ready for a change.

6 5.22%
  • It's a great bike but I have or will be moving on to something else.

19 16.52%
  • Never did like my Valkyrie very much

1 0.87%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Poll for Valkyrie Riders

I love the looks and handling of the Valk. It would be nice to have more power, but it already has more than I can legally use.
    I don't believe that I would change to another bike because presently, no other bike appeals to me as much as the Valk.
    Note: I may eventually build a metric chopper. However I will keep the Valk.
    2000 Valkyrie Tourer

2. Remove Advertisements
    BigBikeRiders.com
    Advertisements

Noticed someone put on the survey they never really liked it that much. I would have liked to seen them post and tell us what they didn't like about it. Or maybe someone just wanted to see if that button on the survey actually worked. Yeah, that must have been it.

Right now I can't see ever getting rid of the Valk. When I don't get to ride her, I sometimes find myself thinking of having a bike with more power...but then when I get back on her...Why? Does everything we ask her to do and then some.

5. Remove Advertisements
    BigBikeRiders.com
    Advertisements

Default Mine is a keeper!!

..and has been for 8 years now...tried giving it up for a wing...what an expensive mistake that was.
    PIBIT

You can only go halfway into the darkest forest, then you are coming out the other side. (unless you have been walking in circles).

This is my second Valk, the first was a standard. I probably won't ever sell it, but I may buy another bike to keep it company. I have alot of great trips and memories on this Valk and my wife loves it too.

I love the Valk. I have a red and black Interstate. It is smooth, fast, comfortable and handles great. It is a unique bike.

Default Best Bike Ive owned to date.

Don't get me wrong, I have only had a few street bikes, mostly dirt bikes. This is the first large cruiser I have owned also. I have a friend who let me take a little ride on his before I owned one and from right then I knew I had to have one. Looking back on it now I think I maybe should have bought the I/S instead of the standard. But I love the two tone Black and Orange, that you only got in 99 Standard. I bought it used with 1599 miles on it after my test ride and it was bone stock. So now that I am into this bike for Harley $$$ ( I/S Tank, Hard Bags, Chrome out the wazoo) I sometimes wonder about my sanity. Bone stock the bike was ok but really left alot to be desired. Then came the Rocket III and all I heard was how fast they were. So I made the mistake of test riding one and was VERY Impressed with the power. Not the looks but for sure the power. So then came the Blower, Yea now were talkin. But in turn I have to stop for fuel like I still had a standard tank. So with all the money and time I have burried in this machine it would be hard to sell. and even think about getting part of my $$$ back. But now I have a very awesome machine, Fast, Sweet looking, and she still handles amazing for such a big bike. Would I ever sell her? Doubt it but anything is possible.

Pops
    Pops rides a Super Charged 99 Valk Standard / Tourer The fast Black / Orange. Also Rides a 2000 KTM 300 EXC Off Road

My 1997 Valk has seen me thru a LOT of good times... both Roadwise, and new friends... I think it is by far the best overall Motorcycle out there today.... It is versatile, nimble ( for an 800 pounder), and powerful....

I am jazzed about my new Boss Hoss, but I am sure that it will not REPLACE the Valk, just suppliment it....

I am a valkaholic....

Mosa
    "I believe what I said yesterday. I don't know what I said, but I know what I think, and, well, I assume it's what I said." -Donald Rumsfeld

Let's see , where have I heard that before?

I am sure that it will not REPLACE the Valk, just suppliment it....

Let me guess, was it some San Dimas, CA rider who moved to Tennessee? Just wondering. I think he is the same guy who told me I would not ride the other Valk once I had the blown Valk. So did VMan. Keep the good Valk thoughts Mosa, but I fear LaMonster may be right . . . again.
    Highlander
    There can be only one.

San Dimas, you must be talking about the man behind the curtain I was from San Diego.

Just from what I have seen through the years...
    Valkyrie guys love their bikes until they put a blower on it and then they wonder why they even liked a stock Valkyrie.

Blower guys would never go back to a Valkyrie that sucks.

Die-hard Valkyrie guys that own a Boss wind up selling their Valkyrie because if you have a good day to ride your going to take the bike that gives you the most fun for the time you spend on it and that will be the Boss hands down. It took me a year to figure out I wasn't going to ride my Valkyrie again even though it was a great bike and one of the best in it's class. Some folks figured it out a lot sooner than I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander
    Let me guess, was it some San Dimas, CA rider who moved to Tennessee? Just wondering. I think he is the same guy who told me I would not ride the other Valk once I had the blown Valk. So did VMan. Keep the good Valk thoughts Mosa, but I fear LaMonster may be right . . . again.

I guess I am just too old to change. I quit working on V-8's when I decided racing dirt tracks in "stock" cars that were no where near stock was a waste of time -- when I could be riding on two wheels and not having to rebuild everything after a weekend of racing. I have those little F-6 emblems in my blood cells, so I just don't see me changing. I like the Boss, as I like almost all motorcycles, but I will definitely stick to the Valkyrie. I guess I am the exception to the rule.
    Highlander
    There can be only one.

If you get tired of the Boss where do you go from there?

I've been wondering about that.

Default Best Bike I ever owned!

Guess I've put more miles on this ride than any I've ever owned too! Whenever I think about selling it and getting something else, I'm stumped as to what I'd get? Probably just have to add another bike to the stable to cure the urge. :P

I'll give up my Valk when they pry my cold dead fingers.......Oh wait that something else. I fell in love with this bike the first time I saw one and knew I had to have one. Now I do and I'm only gonna giver her up when I cant get parts any more. I figure that might be a long time from now considering that I can still get parts for my 81 Suzuki. They make bigger bikes. They make faster bikes. They even make prettier bikes, BUT I have yet to get on anything else that can make me smile like when I throw a leg over my Valk and to me thats what its all about. Been thinking hard about a VTXor a Wing to go along with the Valk. Got to ride one of each the other day. While both were great bikes I just couldnt get the smile factor working for me.
    Jay B.
    1981 Suzuki GS 850/1998 Valk Tourer/2004 Yamaha V Star Silvarado

(snip) from Jay B
    ...considering that I can still get parts for my 81 Suzuki
    (endsnip)

I had a couple of those! An 81 750E and an 81 750L . . . Standard and a Special so to speak.

110,000+ on one when a camshaft disintegrated, 150,000+ when the frame broke (near the swing arm attachment).

Loved those bikes. Don't seem to have any pictures of them . . .

Ah well.

---------------------------------
    CUAgain,
    Daniel Meyer
    Author. Adventurer. Electrician.

Quote Originally Posted by solo1
    If you get tired of the Boss where do you go from there?

I've been wondering about that.
    I bought my Boss almost two years ago now ... I enjoy riding it as much or more today then the first day! Owning a motorcycle is always a "work in progress" - things to change, more power or maybe even just look better. I can't imagine getting tired of my Boss to the point of selling but when I'm ready for a "change" I have some ideas on some heavy modifications I can do that will make it a complete new bike ... The sound and feel of that V8 rumbling under you, the adreniline rush when you wack the throtle WOT and the tire starts smoking at 45MPH, everytime you hit the secondaries the feeling ... I got to say, I doubt you would/could get tired of riding a Boss Hoss.
    If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.

www.v-man.org

Some day..... some day.... The boss hoss folks are going to mount a V-10 chrysler engine in their chassie..... then you'll be wanting it.... More More More.....I can't blame ya.... what a rush. Mosa let me ride his blown Valk... getting back on mine was like going to a slow dance... nice but not a strip-tease like the blown valk was... so that is why I'll never ride a Boss Hoss.... Guess that'll beat the "little old mustang ranch" and I might not want to ever get back on my Interstate slow dance....

Smiln' Jack

Default best bike by far

I have owned two valks, a 99 green/silver IS that I still want back and currently own a red/black 99 IS with a Lehman Trike kit. I bought it for the wife, but she still wants to ride behind me. I hope I will always have a valk of some kind (no rune). I sell bikes and so have ridden them all, but to me there is none better, a goldwing comes close, but I like the looks of the valk.... my 2 cents worth.

Love my 99ValkIS and I'm keeping it for commuting and long trips, but I bought a Triumph rocket III, its a whole nother ballgame, we will see if it holds up to a pounding, but so far so good

Default Love the Valk.

Me and the SO have alot of good memories on that bike. Rallies, back roads, and cruising through town. That means the most to me. Just last Tuesday for my 29th b-day she wanted me to get the bike out and ride into town. Cool. Then on the way home she scooted up, wrapped her arms around me, and snuggled close. I asked if she was cold and she said no. She wants to go fast! Opened her up to 95 mph for a few miles. I have meet alot of good people through the VRCC & BBR. Most of my friends are HD riders and 'make fun' of the "foriegn" bike. But oh well. I still can beat them line to line and my bike gets more looks and inquiries. As for selling it, no. Heck its paid for! I have always like a orange/ black SE Road Glide but will never sell to get one. I've been very close but came to my senses. I also like the Hoss. To bad you gotta be at least 30 yrs old to test one up here. If I got another bike how do you choose which one to ride? I've had the Valk for 5 yrs and I'm young enough to see what is in store in the next few yrs. But as long its running and parts are availible she will be parked in my garage.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Meyer
    (snip) from Jay B
    ...considering that I can still get parts for my 81 Suzuki
    (endsnip)

I had a couple of those! An 81 750E and an 81 750L . . . Standard and a Special so to speak.

110,000+ on one when a camshaft disintegrated, 150,000+ when the frame broke (near the swing arm attachment).

Loved those bikes. Don't seem to have any pictures of them . . .

Ah well.
    Daniel I think I mentioned this link to you before but if not here it is.
    http://www.thegsresources.com

Hope it brings back some memories.
    Jay B.
    1981 Suzuki GS 850/1998 Valk Tourer/2004 Yamaha V Star Silvarado

I have a 1999 interstate and a 1998 Tourer. I am looking at another Tourer to keep the others company. I love my Valkyries and will never giv them up.
    ACF100 never say die

Default I think I'll keep her.

I went lookin' for a Goldwing, saw a Valk, and that was all she wrote. I hope someday to own one of each,(standard, tour, I/S) starting with my 2000 red and black I/S. Solo1, got any more pic's of your bike? Speedie, what are you cookin' on that Brinkman Grill?
    B.A.T.
    Work to ride, Ride to work.

The Valk that I owned was great bike to ride. Sounded awsome with the Two Brothers 6 into 6 Pipes. Made the mistake of riding a GL1800 and sold the Valk. If the Valk would have handled like the GL1800 I would have kept it. As far as a fun bike to ride, I give it 2 thumbs up. There was never a time that I didn't get compliments on the Valk when I was out on it.

I bought my 2000 Valk I/S 2 years ago , put many miles on the lady..I would not trade of sell her .
    I hope Honda Wakes up and makes em again..with the style that makes her who she is....

I bought my Valkyrie Interstate in 1999 based on a test ride I had done on a Standard. I loved the way the Standard handled so well, I traded my Goldwing in right then and there for the Interstate. The next day, I broke my Interstate in by driving to Virginia from southern California.

I liked the Interstate but it always seemed a little top heavy for me as compared to the Goldwing. I bought all of the factory parts to convert the Interstate to a Tourer but never got them all put on. I ended up selling my Valkyrie to a guy in Arizona and bought the 2005 Goldwing.

If I had kept the Valkyrie, I know I would have liked it better converted over to the Tourer with the Interstate fairing, but I just couldn't justify two bikes and had to make a choice.

Loved that Valk, but had to move on to something else.

I'm beginning to believe I'll keep this one forever! I've looked around the last 2 years and see nothing that compairs. I rode a v-twin clone once and never again, I like comfort, style, horsepower, tunes, and love the big flat 6 motor.
    I would only replace if HONDA would build a new Valkyrie!

Default Just traded it.

Last week I traded my 2000 Valk I/S in for a 2005 Kawasaki Nomad fuel injected. I loved the Valk, but have some health problems with arthritis and try as I may I could not get comfortable on the Valk. Tried new seats, floorbaords, etc. Sat on the new Nomad and fell in love with the riding position. I'm finally comfortable! I will miss a lot about the Valk, though. Can't beat the smooth ride and power the Honda built into the Valkyries. Wish I could have afforded to keep both.

Ride safe,
    Gary